VET2Business: VET - Business Partnerships on Work-based learning and Apprenticeships (KA3 Support for policy reform)
of apprenticeship schemes. The project is establishing a strong cross-regional partnership in Greece and Germany aiming to tackle the students’ identified skills gaps in the Tourism Sector by creating two innovative VET curricula in Hospitality & Catering and by building a strong network with SMEs, while responding to their demands through the implementation of work based learning (WBL).
- Tackle high youth unemployment and skills mismatch in the Hotels and Catering Sector, by bridging the gap between Training and Business Sector.
- Contributing to Riga Objective, through the establishment of a viable Partnership, developing up to date work-based learning schemes in the Tourist Sector, emphasizing in the apprenticeship.
- Knowledge transfer and transnational capacity building, in Hotel and Catering Training modules, including WBL and apprenticeship.
- Development of new innovative tools that will enhance communication and cooperation between the VET System and the Sectoral Businesses
Activities & Outputs
- A Transnational Cross - Regional Partnership between VET providers and Businesses established.
- A qualitative and quantitative study on the needs of SMEs in Tourism, a gap analysis on the existing Curricula (WBL and Apprenticeship included), review of existing Curricula and search for best practices among previous projects.
- An up-to-date Tourism Skills – Chart is going to be created.
- Two new VET Curricula in the Sectors, focusing on WBL and apprenticeship schemes that represent expectations of SMEs, developed and tested.
- An “e-portolio” for Apprenticeship platform where training material will be accessible to all participants.
- An “Online apprenticeship monitoring and exchange”, including VET Teachers and SMEs combination feature, the Student Performance Monitoring tool and a WBL / Apprenticeship selection tool, developed and tested.
Aims of the dissemination and exploitation plan
- Raise awareness and extend reach
- Extend the impact
- Engage stakeholders and target groups
- Share results, outputs, lessons learned and experience gained