Erasmus +: Increasing the labour market relevance of VET provision and reducing skills mismatches and shortages in the new booming "Sharing Economy" sector (SHARING SKILLS)
(KA2 - Strategic Partnerships for VET)
Whether the motives are monetary, ecological or even altruistic, sharing has certainly created a bit of hype recently. The European Commission has already conducted a case study on Sharing Economy with policy recommendations and a solid conclusion that the sharing economy shows a vastly different approach to commerce than conventional industries do and that there is a lack of tailored policy frameworks for regulating new sharing economy industries.
In this context, the project is going to prepare a framework of knowledge and skills, that the “sharing economy service providers” will have to possess and demonstrate to the users of these services (e.g. tourist vehicle driver, rental accommodation, translator - guide etc.).
Hence the objectives of the project, include:
- The development of knowledge through surveys and analysis in selected countries (Germany, Italy, Belgium, Greece, Poland, Portugal).
- The development of a new analysis tool, through the design of a concrete survey methodology and a methodology for comparative analysis on the sectoral level of “sharing economy”.
- The development of information exchange among different countries, facing the same issues (boom of Sharing Economy Sector), including (Portugal, Germany, Greece and Poland)
- The exploitation of results as an aid to decision-making, since the partners are participating in the dialogue for the adoption of “sharing economy” into the “real economy”, the project is aiming at a new “European” approach to “European sharing economy”.
- The production of Training Packages for “sharing economy” practitioners, with a vision of accreditation by a body dealing with accreditation issues.
- The development of on-line training material in form of a webinar and the establishment of an on line accreditation system for people who want to “certify” their skills and knowledge gained through the participation in the new training packages
- Desk research, collecting of qualitative and quantitave data for the Delivery of reports and studies of Sharing economy penetration and impact
- Review of already conducted research and publications and synthesis of results through the Identification of publication selection (inclusion and exclusion) criteria, Search of titles and abstracts of primary studies, interpretation of results and finalisation of the report.
- Design of a Training Module for Sharing Economy Practitioners
- Identification of groups (modules) of basic and special knowledge, skills and attitudes that the sharing economy practitioners need to possess
- Development, organisation, customisation, piloting and finalisation of a webinar on Sharing Economy as an e-learning tool adaptable from sharing economy platforms
- Organisation of Multiplier Event Preparation Activities awareness raising and dissemination (Preparation of press releases) while also conduct workshops on Sharing Economy.
- Introduction of Webinar and Training Course to Leading Sharing Economy Platforms and Stakeholders in Germany entitled Sharing
- Economy Webinar Open Session.
- Training implementation of Training Course